RideLondon 2018 – Information for patients and visitors of Kingston Hospital
Thursday 19 July 2018
RideLondon will be taking place on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th July. The hospital will be running as usual but there will be some disruption for patients and visitors coming to the hospital on Sunday 29th July.
There will be extensive road closures from central London, through Wimbledon, Richmond and into Surrey along the event route. The events pass directly alongside Kingston Hospital, affecting the roads surrounding the site.
Access to Kingston Hospital during the event will be as follows:
- Kingston Hill (eastbound) and Queens Road will both be closed from 05:00 until 11:45.
- Coombe Road and Coombe Lane West will be closed from 07:30 until 19:30.
- Access to Kingston Hospital will still be available from the north of Kingston Hill and onto Galsworthy Road, which is the main Hospital entrance.
- The most difficult times for access will be when the largest numbers of cyclists pass the hospital part of the route. This will happen in two waves as the public and then the elite race passes the hospital. The busiest periods are expected to be:
- 06:30 - 11:30 and 14:00 - 14:20 on the North side of the site (Kingston Hill)
- 09:00 - 16:45 and 17:30 - 18:00 on the south side of the hospital (Coombe Road)
- Other entrances to the Hospital will be accessible via Emergency Crossing Points to allow access for:
- Emergency vehicles
- Members of the public urgently needing to attend A&E
- Women in labour
- Crossing of the route for vehicles will be allowed at:
- New Road to Liverpool Road (eastbound) until 06:15 then after 11:45
- Crescent Road to Alexandra Road (westbound) until 06:15 then after 11:45
- Galsworthy Road to Gloucester Road (both directions). This vehicle crossing point will be manned from the start of the race until 08:45 and then again from 18:15.
- Pedestrians will also be permitted to cross the route, but only when event traffic permits.
Public bus routes 57, 85, 213, K1, K2 and K3 will also be affected. See the TFL website for full details: www.tfl.gov.uk.
South Western Railway will be operating a normal Sunday service. Norbiton Railway Station will be open. Crossing the road on foot towards the station will be facilitated at crossing points; this may mean there are slight delays, as crossing will be allowed when it is safe to do so.
For updated travel information and to access a journey planner for the day please visit the TFL website.
For more information about Ride London visit www.prudentialridelondon.co.uk.