Living our values every day
In 2011, we carried out a big piece of work with our staff and patients and developed a set of shared values and behaviours – to be Caring , safe, responsible, and to value each other.
We aim to make these values ‘what we do’ - to inspire, develop and support every one of us to live our values; every patient, every colleague, everyday.
Every month we award at least one member of staff with a recognition award for living one of the values. You can find details about our award winners here.
These values are about us all helping each other to deliver great patient experience more consistently - involving people who use our services, their families, carers, staff and partners in continuing to improve the experience people have using and delivering our services.
Value statement – "Design and deliver care around each individual patient’s needs and wants."
- Putting patients at the heart of everything we do
- Nurturing the wellbeing of the whole person, respecting patients' physical, emotional and spiritual needs
- Listening to patients and their families and responding to their needs
- Showing compassion and empathy
- Treating patients, their families and friends with dignity and respect
- Being welcoming, polite and friendly to all
- Involving patients and carers
- Going the extra mile
- Working to the highest standards of professionalism and ethics
Value statement – "Make the safety of patients and staff our prime concern (safety comes first)."
- Listening to and acting on concerns
- Being open and transparent
- Striving to achieve the best possible clinical outcomes/results for our patients
- Using data and evidence to continuously improve
- Ensuring time for training and development
Value statement – "All staff take responsibility for the hospital, its services and reputation".
- Having a positive and 'can- do' attitude
- Seeing and acting on things that need improving
- Finding new and creative solutions to problems, such as ‘new ways of working’
- Having the confidence to challenge and responding positively when challenged
- Taking personal responsibility for doing the very best you can in your role and for your own development
- Managers and clinicians working closely together
- Speaking well of the Trust and its services within our community
- Following through on promises to deliver – "we are reliable and dependable"
- Wisely managing resources to reduce waste and maximise quality
Value Each Other
Value statement – "We all value each others contribution".
- Giving praise, feedback and saying thank you
- Supporting and motivating each other
- Speaking well of each other
- Working collaboratively in teams, valuing everyone as individuals and appreciating differences
- Communicating effectively
- Strong team and inter-disciplinary working