Kingston Hospital is a single site district general hospital supporting 350,000 people in the surrounding area including Kingston, Richmond, Roehampton, Putney and East Elmbridge. Kingston Hospital's aim is to deliver the best possible care to our patients.
Our flagship services include maternity and in the 2013 Care Quality Commission survey of women using maternity services, we were rated for the second time as the best maternity unit in London. The maternity unit is the largest in south west London and delivers around 6,000 babies every year.
Our A&E department was one of only 18 Trusts to meet the four hour A&E target during 2012-13 and is committed to providing consistently high quality care.
Our cancer services are provided in partnership with the Royal Marsden and outpatients and chemotherapy are provided from the purpose built Sir William Rous Unit.
People have been treated on this site since 1843 when an infirmary was built on the site, then used as a workhouse, and it was renamed Kingston Infirmary in 1902. In 1920 it was renamed Kingston and District Hospital. In 1948, when the NHS was launched, the entire former workhouse site was given over to the hospital, and many of the original buildings were demolished.
We provide a full range of diagnostic and treatment services and have a national reputation for innovative developments in healthcare, particularly in 'patient-focused' care, maternity services, and day surgery.
Esher Wing was built in the 1970s. In June 2007, the Trust opened a new Surgical Centre with a new 100 bedded facility, housing surgical wards. The centre also houses the physiotherapy department, education centre and the staff and visitor restaurant.